Thursday, July 16, 2009

Interior Fiberglassing Continued

Last week was a vacation week, hence no boat building. We went camping at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, and had a great time. I definatley see a lot of opportunity to use the XCR there once it is completed. One trip I would like to try (eventually) is to launch from Glen Arbor, sail / paddle along the shore to Sleeping Bear Point, then make the crossing out to South Manitou Island. The spend a few days sailing, hiking, and camping around both islands. Maybe someday!


View Larger Map

Anyway, once back home and unpacked, I got rolling on the XCR interior again. I first feathered the edge of the kevler, then laid down the fiberglass on the interior starbord side. It went on in one long, narrow piece. It goes from the chine between panels 1 & 2 to the gunwale. I got the port side prepped last night, so hopefully I can get that laid up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment