Thursday, March 19, 2009

Preliminaries


As with many projects, just getting started can be the hardest part.  This one is no different.  In order to have room to build in my garage, I need to rearrange some things, and move some things out.  So I have actually ordered a small shed that I can put behind the garage with all my yard stuff; lawnmower, rakes, shovels, etc...  Until that comes the garage is just going to be really cluttered, oh well.

The next big step is that I am planning on picking up my marine plywood this weekend.  The first major task after that will be to scarf the sheets into two 20 ft. long x 4 ft. wide panels.  I am planning to add some temporary support to my strongback and use that as my scarfing table.  I am a little nervous about the whole scarfing process, but it has to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment