Thursday, May 21, 2009

Half step back, then forward!

After getting panel 4 stitched on last night, I am planning to remove it tonight.  Really the only reason I put it on was to make sure everything was still fitting together nicely before I permanently glue the panels together.  As you can see from my list of next steps above, I will be temporarily stitching in the bulkheads and frames and then "tacking" the panels together with thickened epoxy.  Once the tacks are in place, I can remove the stitches, which is great because working around the boat is kind of like working around a huge cactus; lots of sharp prickly points looking to grab at skin or clothes.  So far, only minor scratches... :)

I am also going to take the strongback + boat off the saw-horses.  The whole assembly is just too high; the sheer is about at my sholder level.  I have been getting by standing on a milk crate, but that just isn't going to cut it, especially one glassing starts.  I am going to throw some shorter supports together from the chip-board I have left from the scarfing table.  This should make working on the interior a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment