Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sheer clamp 1

I picked up the wood for the sheer clamps last night, some nice cedar.  It isn't totally clear, but the knots were pretty small.  I ripped 4 strips out a 10' long  by 6" wide board, cut some quick scarfs, and epoxied them them together to get 2 almost 20' x 1" strips.  The best part about working with cedar is the wonderful smell, every time you cut the stuff, it smells great!  Anyway, after letting the epoxy set for ~12 hours, I got the first one glued to the boat.  I can only do one at a time because I have a limited number of clamps.  I am using all of my spring clamps and a few G clamps and ratchet clamps too... and this is AFTER I bought 8 new spring clamps last night (all they had at Menards)!  As I have said many times before... you can never have too many clamps!!!


3 comments:

  1. Its really very nice and informative blog. More over i want to ask about trailer parts for our automotive industries.

    Spring Clamps Suppliers India

    Clamps Suppliers India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii.............., your blog has very important information related to the auto and autoparts. Its very similar to my website.


    Nails Exporters

    Nuts manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  3. pleasant bLog! its fascinating. much obliged to you for sharing. Forceps

    ReplyDelete