Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fillet and Tape, part 2

I FINALLY got around to the second round of fillets and tape. I almost had a disaster when the batch of epoxy I was wetting out the tape with started to kick. Fortunately I was able to finish the section I was working on and the worst that happened was I lost a brush. Next, I need to clean up the edges with the sander, then prep everything for the first layer of interior fabric.

In other news, check out my friend Dan's new kayak. I plan on using a similar style of construction for the amas of the XCR. (I will be using plastic cross sections and aluminum stringers, instead of wood everything.) I also plan on using the same fabric he used to cover his boat. It is a very cool fabric reinforced clear vinyl from Seattle Fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment