Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ramping back up


Good grief... what a busy week!  After the busy Memorial Day weekend, the whole following week continued to be very busy.  There were however two very positive outcomes of all the activity.  First, I managed to run a 5k in 19:35; which I think is my fastest 5k EVER.  Very exciting (to me).  Second, I bought a new car:


It is an 09 Subaru Forester, and is what I intend to haul the XCR around with.

Anyway, back to the build... I got a little work done on the sheer clamps again last night; got the outer edges planed down.  When I glued them on, I let them stick up above the plywood panel a little bit.  That way, after they are planed down, they will offer a larger gluing surface for the deck panel (panel 4).  I definatley feel like a "real" boatbuilder working with a plane... nice curly shavings everywhere... the smell of cedar... nice.

I also had my wife pick up some disposible frosting piping bags from the grocery store.  These are basically just a couple of plastic triangles that are welded together and open on one end.  I can stuff them full of thickened epoxy, cut the tip to whatever size I want, and squeeze epoxy exactly where I want it.  Well, at least that is the plan!  We'll see how it goes tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment