Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'm still here

It has been a while since I posted last... things have been busy! The big news last weekend was the flooding we had here in Holland, MI. A thunderstorm decided to park on top of the city and dump about 8" of rain on us. I got off pretty easy with about a foot of water in the garage and about an inch in the basement. Getting everything cleaned up after that has occupied most of my time over the past week. The rest was getting ready for and celebrating my son David's first birthday. But, now all that is passed and I can get working on the XCR again. The interior taping is complete, everything smoothed out and cleaned up. Up next is the first section of interior fabric. I decided to use kevlar becuase it will give the boat excellent impact resistance and the price was not to high. The pictures below show the kevlar layed out in the boat. I will be cutting the "corners" off, keeping the fabric edge just below the second chine. I have already made a couple test cuts to verify that my scissors will in fact cut the kevlar fabric. So far, so good! Once cut, it will be time to break out the rollers, sqeegees (sp?), and big epoxy mixing tubs!



No comments:

Post a Comment